This programme is for the following year groups: ECE
Children and whānau can discover more about dinosaurs through storytelling and hands-on exploration of replica bones.
This programme takes place in the Weird & Wonderful gallery and provides children the opportunity to explore their own interests.
· Explore, ask questions and create their own working theories in relation to dinosaurs
· Understand that palaeontologists learn about dinosaurs by studying fossils
· Handle and make comparisons between a range of dinosaur fossil bone replica, large and small
· Recognise differences between the teeth of dinosaurs that ate plants and those that ate meat
· Learn alongside whānau and see Auckland Museum as part of their world
Image details: Cryolophosaurus ellioti, LH2099 © Auckland Museum CC BY