This programme is for the following year groups: Years 1–3, Years 4–6, Years 7–8
The settlement of the Pacific was the last and greatest story of human migration carried out by modern humans. But where did Pacific people come from? Who were their ancestors? What was their way of life like? Why are Pacific languages similar?
All these questions can be answered through archaeology.
· Understand how an archaeologist studies the past by examining material remains
· Gain an understanding of the origins of the Polynesian people and how they navigated across the Pacific Ocean
· Explore the similarities between various Pacific languages and cultures
*Terms and Conditions for FREE online sessions
1) Session are on average 30 minutes in duration
2) Minimum of 10 participants are required
3) Bookings need to be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance
4) Free online programmes are available throughout Term 4 2021, however will conclude once schools are permitted to attend onsite