This programme is for the following year groups: Years 1–4
Discover the astounding anatomy of insects and other small creatures, investigate insect survival strategies, and identify survival techniques such as camouflage, mimicry, and other defence mechanisms.
The Museum’s entomology collection is brought to life through hands-on activities plus learners have the opportunity to explore and investigate the Weird and Wonderful gallery.
· Group insects and arachnids based on physical features
· Investigate how insects use camouflage and are suited to their particular environments
· See hundreds of insects on display within the Weird & Wonderful gallery
· Ask questions and understand that entomologists ask questions to discover more about the lives of insects
This programme is also available in Te Reo Māori.
*Terms and Conditions for FREE online sessions
1) Session are on average 30 minutes in duration
2) Minimum of 10 participants are required
3) Bookings need to be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance
4) Free online programmes are available throughout Term 4 2021, however will conclude once schools are permitted to attend onsite